CLICK HERE TO PRINT
Ceylon Cinnamon Strudel
Here is a very simple recipe that is big on
Cinnamon flavor. The light flaky pastry of this strudel is rolled around a mixture of
Ceylon Cinnamon, nuts and sugar.
The result is a wonderful treat that is bursting with sweet Cinnamon flavor. They’re delightfully delicious!
2 1/2 cups flour 1 cup sour cream 2 sticks butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar
1. Mix together flour, sour cream and 2 sticks of butter.
2. Roll mixture into 4 separate balls and cover in wax paper, refrigerate these balls overnight.
3. The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Roll each ball into a round-edge rectangle.
5. Mix together sugars, 1/3 cup softened butter and Ceylon Cinnamon.
6. Spread mixture (equal amount for each rectangle) onto the rolled
dough, without getting too close to the edges.
7. Sprinkle nuts on top of mixture. Roll the dough like a jelly roll.
8. Sprinkle the rolls with a lot of the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
9. Bake the rolls on a greased baking sheet for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool the rolls and slice.