Homemaker Jar 2.5 oz.
Fresh ginger that has been slowly cooked in sugar water and rolled in coarse sugar to preserve it. Also known as candied ginger or glace ginger, it has a wonderful sweet spicy taste and is commonly used in desserts
Old fashioned sugar cure method, spicy sweet flavor. Perfect for baking and candy making. Excellent for teriyaki, tuna or chicken salad, plus sweet and sour marinades.
Ginger Root Crystallized (Baker's Cut)
Some ways to use
- Chop and add to batter for cookies, such as ginger snaps, or quick breads like gingerbread, orange bread or banana bread.
- Melt butter with diced Crystallized Ginger, fresh lemon juice and sliced green onions in a saucepan. Spoon over hot rice and serve with chicken or fish.
- Sprinkle finely chopped pieces as a finishing touch on apple pie a la mode or a whipped cream-topped brownie.
- Combine diced Crystallized Ginger with nuts, brown sugar and spices for a baked apple or pear filling.
- Add chunks to a stir-fry for a sweet and spicy bite.
- Dip Crystallized Ginger pieces in melted chocolate. Let cool and serve as a special after dinner treat.
- Add to water and sugar mixture to make ginger-infused simple syrup. Strain before adding to drinks, such as iced tea.
- Sprinkle diced Crystallized Ginger into fruit salad for a spicy, zesty flavor lift.
- Add to a homemade cranberry sauce with orange zest.
- Or, just snack on this sweet treat right out of the jar. Crystallized Ginger is especially helpful for calming the stomach while traveling.